Connect with us

Sport

Ronaldo Urges Messi To ‘Try Something New, Come To Italy’

Published

on

Juventus forward and 5-time Ballon d’Or winner, Cristiano Ronaldo, has urged his Barcelona rival, Lionel Messi, to take up the challenge and join him in Italy.

While speaking during interviews with three leading Italian sports dailies: La Gazzetta dello Sport, Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport on Monday, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is marking his 150 days in Italy, issued a challenge to longtime rival, Lionel Messi to join him in Italy.

According to Dailymail, the Portuguese who moved to Juventus from Real Madrid in the summer for £90million, and has since scored 11 goals in 19 games for the Italian giants. was asked whether he missed Messi.

He said: ‘No, maybe he misses me. I played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, in the national team, while he is still in Spain.

‘Like me, accept the challenge. However, if he is happy there, I respect him, he is a fantastic player, a good guy but I do not miss anything here. This is my new life and I’m happy.’

Ronaldo went on to outline the differences between his time in Spain and at his new club, saying that: ‘It’s not fair to name just a few, but I can say that this is the best group I’ve ever played.

‘Here we are a team, elsewhere someone feels bigger than others but here they are all on the same line, they are humble and want to win.

‘If Dybala or Mandzukic do not mark, you still see them happy, smile. For me it is beautiful, I perceive the difference.

‘Even in Madrid they are humble but here I feel they are more so. It is very different from Madrid, this is more a family .’

Ronaldo who has won five Ballon d’Or trophies and saw World Cup runner-up, Luka Modric, scoop it from him and Messi last week, reacted to the award which saw him finish second in Ballon d’Or voting to Modric.

He said: “Of course I’m disappointed, but life goes on and I will continue to work hard,” said the 33-year-old.

“On the pitch I’ve done everything to win the Ballon d’Or, numbers do not lie, but I’m no less happy if I do not win, I have wonderful friends and a family, I play in one of the best clubs.

“Congratulations to Modric, who has earned the award, but next year we will meet again and I will do everything to win the prize again.” “Do you think I’m going home and crying?”

Sport

“Jose Mourinho Ruined My Real Madrid Career” – Kaka

Published

on

 

The Brazilian failed to hold down a regular spot in the Blancos starting XI, with the Portuguese preferring Mesut Ozil to him in the lineup.

Former Brazil star Kaka claims that Jose Mourinho is partly responsible for his disappointing spell at Real Madrid.

The Ballon d’Or winner joined Madrid from AC Milan in 2009, becoming the second most expensive player ever, but saw injury problems blight his stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

When he regained fitness, Mourinho had taken over as head coach and often left Kaka out of the starting XI.

Kaka believes a combination of the two factors ruined his chance of becoming a star for Real, with Mourinho preferring Mesut Ozil to him in attacking midfield.

“The problem in Madrid was continuity,” Kaka told SporTV. “First, it was because of the injuries. The first year I had a hip problem. I pushed to reach the World Cup and then I had an adductor injury.

“After the Cup I have a knee operation and I’m out for six months. And when I return I have Mourinho. My problem in Madrid was continuity.

“First for the physical issue and then for the choice of the coach. I spent three years trying to convince Mourinho that he could give me opportunities. But it was his choice, it was beyond my reach.”

Despite the disagreements between the two during their time in Madrid, Kaka says that he has forgiven Mourinho and understands why he left him out of the lineup.

“There is no problem between us.

“I was in Manchester for a sponsorship gig and I stayed at the hotel where Mourinho lived and we talked for two hours.

“At some point we had a misunderstanding because I believed that I had to play and he believed that I did not. But they were respectful disagreements.

“I never rebelled and told him ‘I’m leaving here’, nor did I go before the press to complain. I told him: ‘It’s your choice, but I think you could have other options because I think I should have a chance to play. Now, you must choose.’

“He had no arguments. He told me he was not going to play because the position was for Ozil. I thought I could contribute.

“Mourinho is really what you see in the cameras. He has his explosive moments, but he’s a very smart guy. What people see at press conferences is all prepared and planned and knows exactly what they are going to say. The problem I had with him was because of his choices. I thought he was wrong. But the team worked. We won a ;eague and we reached the Champions League semi-finals.”

.

 

Continue Reading

Sport

BREAKING! Flying Eagles Coach, Paul Aigbogun, Arrested In London

Published

on

 

Flying Eagles coach, Paul Aigbogun, could be in hot water with his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), following his arrest by the London Police for public disturbance.

Aigbogun, who lives in North West London, was arrested by the London Police outside a woman’s house at 6am on Friday, December 28 on charges of domestic violence and being five times over the legal alcohol limit.

Report has it that the former Warri Wolves manager has family in North West London and lives there usually when he’s not on national assignment.

It is understood that Aigbogun went around the woman’s house uninvited very late at night, drunk, and bangs in the door screaming her name for hours until she is forced to open up.

Prior to his arrest, the neighborhood Watch were aware of the situation and they were concerned about hearing the woman scream so often.

The Flying Eagles coach has been labelled an alcoholic and abusive man who is not fit to be a role model and shouldn’t be around young players.

Aigbogun previously worked for Enyimba.

 

Continue Reading

Featured

EPL: What Pogba said after Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Bournemouth

Published

on

Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, has spoken on his side’s 4-1 victory over Bournemouth on Sunday in the Premier League fixture.

Goals from Paul Pogba (2), Marcus Rashford (1) and Romelu Lukaku (1) gave Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men all three points against Bournemouth at Old Trafford.

However, Nathan Ake did score for the visitors.

 

 

Pogba, in an interview with Sky Sports after the game, said the Red Devils needed the win against Bournemouth.

The France international, however, admitted that United still have a long way to go in the Premier League this term.

“We needed the win and we had a great performance as well,” Pogba said.

“We are coming back, and there is still a long way to go, but to finish the year like that is beautiful.”

Man United will now tackle Newcastle on Wednesday in their next Premier League fixture.

Continue Reading

Ad

Trending